Pool help

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Kate138
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 21ft intex pool. Krystal salt system for the 26ft pool. Have samd filter but running on in the swim filter balls I stead of sand.

Pool help

Postby Kate138 » Fri 05 Jul, 2019 17:59

Went to dover pools to get help with slightly green pool. Chemicals good except calcium hardness and borate. Said we had metals in the pool. Sold me turbo shock, intensive stain and metal prevention, ensure. Told me to run the stain and metal for 24 hours backwash and put turbo shock in. Ran pool for 24 hours turned crystal clear. 6 hours after adding shock still clear had an hour heavy ran and now pool is worse green then before. Still clear to bottom but really green. Called pool store they said continue running filter only and put calcium in and cell protect. If still green in morning put another bottle of intensive stain and metal. Please help so frustrated 6.5 months pregnant and we have been trying to get the pool straight for a month. Purchased new salt cell and new filter balls for sand pump.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pool help

Postby Teapot » Sat 06 Jul, 2019 01:27

Think you have been pool shop'd.
What are the water test results? If chemicals were good, you would not have a green pool
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool help

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 06 Jul, 2019 02:22

Teapot wrote:Think you have been pool shop's.
What are the water test results? If chemicals were good, you would not have a green pool

As Teapot says
Dip strips and pool shop testing can't be relied on. You really need to get yourself a decent FAS/DPD test kit (Taylor K2006c or TF Testkits TF100 in the states) to get accurate results as maintaining an appropiate shock level means testing quite often during the day
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:
If you can't test properly use the pool store for the time being

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”