tissue algae

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
rylee
I'm new here
I'm new here

tissue algae

Postby rylee » Tue 26 Jun, 2007 20:05

we have what is called tissue algae looks like white tissue paper floating in water had it last summer was told to use floc really didn't help. well it has returned and the water is very cloudy any suggestions? 13,500 gallons (use baquacil)
thank you

Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: tissue algae

Postby Backglass » Tue 26 Jun, 2007 20:39

rylee wrote:we have tissue algae...had it last summer...and the water is very cloudy (use baquacil)

And in my humble opinion, therein lies the problem. I would seriously consider converting to chlorine. I have heard nothing but gripes from Baq users.

Read THIS ARTICLE I found for some interesting info.
chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Wed 27 Jun, 2007 02:45

The article is good except for one thing. It uses Dichlor as the source of chlorine during the conversion. You want SOME CYA in the water, but if you use only Dichlor you may end up with too much. For every 1 ppm FC you introduce with Dichlor, you also get 0.9 ppm CYA. So I would use some bleach or chlorinating liquid after SOME Dichlor.

A faster conversion can be achieved using sodium percarbonate instead of chlorine, but you need to dose carefully because any extra percarbonate will take a lot of chlorine to get rid of.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”