How to get rid of this algae?

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
farmerjohn1324
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 22,000 gallon. Cartridge filter.

How to get rid of this algae?

Postby farmerjohn1324 » Fri 16 Aug, 2019 18:10

I've gone to the pool store (Pinch a Penny) twice now and followed their recommendation. They included a combination of chlorine, muriatic acid, algaecide, water clarifier, and some other chemicals.

It is still not clearing up. The green remains, and it's stuck to the bottom and sides even after I scrub it, it settles back down. The filter is running at about 7psi. I replaced it about 10 days ago. That seems a little too low to me?

Another question about the bucket in the skimmer. It always floats to the level of the water. Is that how it's supposed to be? Wouldn't that block water from going into the skimmer drain?

I have pictures, but can't see how to attach them. This is my first post.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: How to get rid of this algae?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 17 Aug, 2019 03:08

Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop
Don't panic about low pressure worry when it gets high (you have to backwash or clean) 20-25% above clean
If you are pumping water then i would assume that the skimmer is ok
Does the bucket have holes in it so that it can collect debris, maybe put a stone in it to hold it down
You really need to Slam (Shock Level and Maintain) with liquid chlorine (plain bleach)
Let us have your numbers
FC:
TC:
pH:
TA:
CH:
CYA:

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”