Inserting images in post

The basics of swimming pool maintenance.
New swimming pool owner's questions.
Help getting started with daily pool care.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Inserting images in post

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 14 Apr, 2020 03:22

It's simple to add images to your post, after multiple requests on how to do it

Click Full Editor & Preview
Click Attachments
Click Add Files or you can drag and drop

MonkeyMan
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: In ground

Re: Inserting images in post

Postby MonkeyMan » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 10:28

Getting the error, File To Large.

I am capable of resizing the images. However, too much resizing does cause image artifacts that can make the detail blurry or pixelated.

-------------------------------------------------------------
WHAT ARE ATTACHMENT SIZE LIMITATIONS?

Currently, the error message when attaching a file that is too large is: "The file is too large". So, what are the size limits?

What would be good information in both the error message AND the "Attachments" tab is:
What is the max image size?
What is the max combined attachment size per post\reply?

For example:
- Max image\attachment size 1MB
- Max combined size 4MB
- 4 1MB images\attachments can be attached per post or reply

NO PLACE TO POST ABOUT FORUM USE CASES & SUGGESTIONS

Also, there is no forum entry for forum questions, suggestions, or improvements. I went to the "News and Announcements" but I cannot create a new Topic there, the button is missing. I get that that forum is for Admin post only, that's OK. But, then it leaves posting questions about attachments and the like to be posted in to areas that are nonsensical, like "Basics for New Pool Owners". The questions and tips about the forum are quite off-topic for "Basics for New Pool Owners" or any other category unless an specific "Forum Suggestions & Questions" area is created or a general "Miscellaneous" area is created as a catch-all.

I did notice that "www.troublefreepool.com" has a forum catagory of "Forum Issues and Suggestions". This forum might like to add something similar.

Please let me know about the image file attachments

Regards,
MM
MonkeyMan
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: In ground

Postby MonkeyMan » Sun 26 Apr, 2020 11:37

For those users who are having trouble figuring out how to make attachments to your post, here some additional help. Don't feel bad. I am EXTREMELY computer literate and missed it on my posts. I ended up using links to Dropbox. Also, the post that I was replying to used a public repository because the OP missed it too.

This issue is that the "Attach" button is not a button but a "tab". So, while you are looking for a button, you might skim right over it; I did. Also, if you are not a frequent forum user, you may be looking for a "paper clip" icon in the toolbar like so many email client applications have. That is not the case here (or on forums in general).

So, here are some images (attached!) to help.

Regards,
MM

====================================================================

Poolhelpforum_image_attach_1.png

Poolhelpforum_image_attach_2.png

Poolhelpforum_image_attach_3.png
vjsimone
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Ed's - 12'x26'x36", abt. 12K gal.

Postby vjsimone » Thu 30 Apr, 2020 09:16

I don't get an "Attachment" tab.
When I attempt to drag and drop, i just get the image in another window.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 30 Apr, 2020 11:49

You need to click "Full Editor & Preview"
JSS
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 11.2m x 6.8m outdoor tiled swimming pool with an Azenco VISIO pool enclosure. I am a complete newbie and looking to gain advice and insight into swimming pool maintenance!

Postby JSS » Tue 11 Aug, 2020 08:00

Hi

I am new to the forum and am looking to get some advice on my pool. Unfortunately I am unable to upload an image - I don't have the options as demonstrated above. Assuming this is because I am a new member?
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 11 Aug, 2020 10:59

I've never heard that new members were stopped from posting images
Obviously you can post so show us what you have and use another source for the image and we will advise
HemiPool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: I am new to pools and the equipment is older. I will post pictures to hopefully gain some insight into what I have.

Pool is approximately 15’x30’ vinyl lined pool. One skimmer, one main drain, two returns.

Filter shows DE but it has fins inside so I thought it was a cartridge filter.

Pumps label is almost white but what I could make out is US Motors, and the model number is K63CXERW-4785. It’s 1 horse. 3450 RPM.

Also has a Hayward H200 heater, and a Hayward clorinator model cl200.

Postby HemiPool » Tue 27 Apr, 2021 14:51

Reviving a dead post, but I am stuck here. On this quick reply that I am writing in currently, it has full editor and preview options, but on my post, it does not have that option.
mknmike
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mknmike » Thu 08 Jul, 2021 23:01

D169DF64-2F66-4D56-AB9F-57052CB41356.jpeg
D169DF64-2F66-4D56-AB9F-57052CB41356.jpeg (417.85 KiB) Viewed 3258 times

I get file too large on my iPhone. It looks like maybe you can post pictures from an iPhone directly to this forum. Maybe you need to transfer them to a computer and downsize then or something. It’s too bad linked images won’t show inline on the web browser version of the forum because they ALL show fine in the Tapatalk app that also downsized the images for me before uploading. I use it for almost all my online forums.
Drowth
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Bestway 16ft x 8ft x 48in Rectangular Steel Pro Frame Set Above Ground Swimming Pool BW56670.
Bestway Hot Water Heat Pump 3.50 KW for Above-Ground Pools up to 20 m3 Cop 6 to 27 °C

wrong forum

Postby Drowth » Wed 24 Aug, 2022 04:45

Removed
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Wed 24 Aug, 2022 11:39

Please let us have the water test results rather than say in the normal range. Not from did strips as these are notoriously poor and innacurate.
Put a cotton towel scrunched up into the skimmer basket and vacuum via the skimmer basket to catch very fine stuff. Slow the pump if you have that facility.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
john71
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 10000 gallon, 3/4 HP Pump size, 3 sp feet pump

Postby john71 » Fri 26 Aug, 2022 00:21

How to put a solved tag on the thread?

Return to “Basics for New Pool Owners”