Chemicals for green pool water

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
DaddyValarian
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 15000 gals intex above ground.
Intex SX3000 sand filter
FairmountSantrol AquaQuartz sand
2 intakes 1 output
Intex skimmer hooked up to 1 of the 2 intakes.

Chemicals for green pool water

Postby DaddyValarian » Mon 13 Jun, 2022 15:20

So I have used allot of different chemicals to remove green water and buildup on the sides of my pool. Mind you I have a big pool and chemicals get expensive. I bought my water from the city so ph and alkalinity is way too high for chlorine to work. I have looked into the PH down and from what my tests show I would have to add 35lbs to get my ph down to acceptable ranges for chlorine to activate. For the not math people that's over $350 just for the ph down. Over $400 if you add in the other chemicals. I was told about this product and I'm not advertising for them at all. I just want to know if anyone has used it and what the results were. The product is Hydrofarm PSPH20 Physan 20 Broad Range Disinfectant. From what I have researched for my pool it would be 6 cups for the first treatment and 3 cups every week after. Let me know what you think.

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Re: Chemicals for green pool water

Postby Teapot1 » Mon 13 Jun, 2022 23:48

Can you include a link to the "wonder cure all " product?
Can you actually post your water test results?
Chlorine itself has a pH of around 11 and that still works.

Ok so from the MSDS the wonder product is just Quaternary Ammonium Compound or algaecide to the rest of us. At pool concentration levels this will just empty your wallet, its not strong enough at pool dilution levels to actually kill algae. From this we can draw the following conclusion, your pool shop dont know what they are talking about. Now you have to choose to believe them or us.
We need your water test results and not from dip strips.
Chlorine free and total, Alk, Hardness, pH, CYA,
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 14 Jun, 2022 01:26

Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 14 Jun, 2022 01:29

I think we should get the figures first?
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”