help

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
manc77

help

Postby manc77 » Sun 22 Jul, 2007 11:17

i have a 15ft above ground pool and this year i have drained it twice as the bottom of the pool keeps going dirty and when i scrub it the water turns greenish i am using 20g multi tablets and also chlorine, all levels are as they should be when i test water. i was told to shock the pool every time this apears by the people i got the chemicals off but still there i even added some algaecide to see if that helped and still the same so i begging for any advice as kids are desperate to use it

mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: help

Postby mamcwifey » Tue 24 Jul, 2007 12:49

manc77 wrote:i have a 15ft above ground pool and this year i have drained it twice as the bottom of the pool keeps going dirty and when i scrub it the water turns greenish i am using 20g multi tablets and also chlorine, all levels are as they should be when i test water. i was told to shock the pool every time this apears by the people i got the chemicals off but still there i even added some algaecide to see if that helped and still the same so i begging for any advice as kids are desperate to use it

from what it sounds like, you've got some algae and because it's recurring, it might be inside your filter.. try using some highly ocncentrated algaecide and when you vacuum it out, vacuum it to waste. (you don't have to empty the pool). use the algaecide, scrub the walls and let all that settle to the bottom then vacuum.
*mamcwifey
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Re: help

Postby Backglass » Tue 24 Jul, 2007 13:19

manc77 wrote:i have a 15ft above ground pool and this year i have drained it twice as the bottom of the pool keeps going dirty and when i scrub it the water turns greenish i am using 20g multi tablets and also chlorine, all levels are as they should be when i test water. i was told to shock the pool every time this apears by the people i got the chemicals off but still there i even added some algaecide to see if that helped and still the same so i begging for any advice as kids are desperate to use it

You say "all the levels are as they should be". Please post all these numbers. Balanced pools don't turn green, so something is NOT as it should be.

The key is prevention. Waiting for your pool to turn green before shocking is like waiting until you have cancer to stop smoking! You need to stop it before it starts through proper maintenence.

Post those numbers and we will see where you are at!
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”