Greenish Pool Water!! Help Needed

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
orkash

Greenish Pool Water!! Help Needed

Postby orkash » Tue 24 Jul, 2007 19:24

I have a large inground swimming pool that has vinyl covering on the walls. It has been working just fine and water was as sparkling as it could get.

However, since last two weeks, I have been having horrible time cleaning this up. I have this stain looking substance formed in pool surface, if I brush it they move like a dust and stir up into the pool.

I went to the pool place down the street and got bunch of chemicals. I shocked the pool with at least 10 lbs of shock and so far followed the directions of my pool professinals. I have been putting everything they recommend. I put the clarifier, banish, lo and slow, balnce pack and everything you could think of. This morning I went to the pool place againa nd bought another three bottles of chemicals, and put them in. When I came back from work, I saw the water was getting even worse. I started to hate my pool as I had already spent money and time to get this thing working.

I asked for the maintenance schedule from ym pool place it seems they are just too busy. Many phone calls are left unreturned. I really don't know what to do. It is a large swimming pool with 40,000 gallon of water.

When I had my pool water checked today, I was told my chlorine level was very high towards the maxima and ph is little high but not too much. I was recommended to fixh the color of the water first and then the pH. Shcok, clarifier, and banish...nothing seem to clear my pool up.

Can anyone out there give me some suggestion. It has been too painful of an experience. I am a first time pool owner. I is really appriciated if you could give me some advises. You could call me too 9253008807.

Thanks so much.

Ablatt :twisted:

med88
I'm new here
I'm new here

Alum

Postby med88 » Wed 25 Jul, 2007 08:09

I was at the pool store last night and a customer had a similar probem - his water had been great but now has a green tint to it. When he took a sample out, it was clear. He said he shocked it to no avail. The pool guy sold him alum. Told him to turn off the filter & pump, add the Alum and let it sit for 2-3 hours. Then vacuum the debris off the bottom to waste (not through the filter). Don't know if this is your problem..... good luck!
Backglass
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Backglass » Wed 25 Jul, 2007 08:34

Step one - Buy a decent test kit so you can test & fix your own water. With the money you have spent with the "experts" you could have bought one by now. A 40,000 gallon pool is BIG and EXPENSIVE. $60 for a good kit is a drop in the bucket.

The problem is...you still don't know WHAT the problem is. We can all throw out guesses...maybe you need to floc like the poster above. Maybe you need to shock. Maybe you need a drink by now. ;)

Get the Taylor K-2006 kit and post your numbers. Then we can give you REAL advice that WILL clear your pool.
===============================
I'm no expert...just a long time pool owner. The real experts are at www . troublefreepool . com

Download Bleachcalc free at troublefreepool . com /files/BleachCalc262.exe and start saving money on chemicals.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”