Liquid green algae?

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Deb121
I'm new here
I'm new here

Liquid green algae?

Postby Deb121 » Sun 09 Sep, 2007 09:28

We have a small 14 X 42 Intex pool that we run on a salt chlorinator. Most of the summer we have had rain, lots of it. We had problems with the first salt generator we had so algae grew. We got that under control and when we returned from a weeks vacation the algae was back. I vacummed, ran the pump, ran the generator, scooped out the algae with the fine screen etc. Finally algae under control again. Kids got to swim 2 or 3 times, it rained once, the pool got cloudy and now its green, but liquid green. I brush the bottom and can see it getting clearer where I brush, but I cannot get anything out with the fine screen its more like a liquid algae. We run the generator and pump daily. I've even put in a chlorine tab for added umph but still the green is there. When it first started the chlorine tested at about 1 to 2 and the PH 7.5 to 8.2. The chlorine now tests at about 5 and the PH is about 7.2 to 7.5. We do have well water in the pool. What would be causing this green? What should we try?

South TX Poolguy
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby South TX Poolguy » Mon 10 Sep, 2007 21:01

Shock the pool and see if the water changes to a blue-green. If it does, you have algae and it will just need filtering to clear.

Provide test more test numbers for better solutions.

The green could be from something else.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”