green pool/pool preasure

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.

green pool/pool preasure

Postby Guest » Wed 26 Mar, 2008 12:31

I have a very dirty pool. I just cleaned out my DE filter completely and shocked the pool in an attempt to start the process of cleaning the water. I have read a lot on here about what steps to take. In every instance it says to keep filter running 24/7 until this is clean. My problem is that after 3 or 4 hours my pressure is up and I have to backwash to get it back down. I am at work during the day and of course sleep at night so this only leaves me a few hours in the evening time to work on this. What do I do if I have to continually backwash every few hours? I added the appropriate amount of DE after cleaning the fliter and after every backwash but, pressure grows in a short time.
Any suggestions or help with this?

Thanks

mr_clean
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby mr_clean » Wed 26 Mar, 2008 14:26

I have a very dirty pool. I just cleaned out my DE filter completely and shocked the pool in an attempt to start the process of cleaning the water. I have read a lot on here about what steps to take. In every instance it says to keep filter running 24/7 until this is clean. My problem is that after 3 or 4 hours my pressure is up and I have to backwash to get it back down. I am at work during the day and of course sleep at night so this only leaves me a few hours in the evening time to work on this. What do I do if I have to continually backwash every few hours? I added the appropriate amount of DE after cleaning the fliter and after every backwash but, pressure grows in a short time.
Any suggestions or help with this?

If pressure is rising this fast it is because pool is in bad shape with algae.
I suggest backwashing in AM & PM & add chlorine each time to boost levels back up to shock level which should only take 15mins. You can brush pool once a day in PM which should be enough.
The key is to keep pool at shock level & you have not stated what CYA/conditioner level in pool is? Remember it should be around 60ppm so chlorine is protected from sun & can get rid of algae.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”