treated for algae now pool is cloudy

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
jjwolf
I'm new here
I'm new here

treated for algae now pool is cloudy

Postby jjwolf » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 10:41

Two days ago I had an algae bloom. I shocked and shocked, brushed, and brushed, vaccumed and added an algaecide (sp). Now the green tint is gone and I have a milky color. I have test a kit and test strips.

As of right now the hardeness is off and the chlorine level is off the chart on both reader kits. I am at work tight now so I have to wieght to get you numbers in the pool.

The pool is a above ground pool 2500 gallons.

As far as I know with the test strips the only thing high or off is chlorine and hardness. Any help is greatly needed, I am new and it is a small pool. I was going to flocc the pool and vaccum tonight. I have been cleaning the filter everynight. Is this just dead algae? Should I vaccum to waste/drain pool down 30% and refill. Like I said the dip tester with the dies says the chlorine is way high.

Thank you

Postby Guest » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 16:41

The milky color is normal when algae is being killed. Run the filter 24/7, cleaning filter as needed. How quickly it will clear depends on your filtering system.

The dead algae will settle out and you can vacuum (to waste if possible).
jjwolf
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jjwolf » Wed 30 Jul, 2008 19:54

th=100
tc=10
fc=10
bro=20
ph=7.8
ta=120
sanitary=100

the pool is clearing up tonight i just vaccumed to waste abot 20% of the water in the pool

i did add some calcium. my main concern is it real hot and the kids want to swim. I can see the bottom now, Is it safe too swim?

Thank you again for any help!

Postby Guest » Thu 31 Jul, 2008 01:18

I have to ask, what is sanitary=100? Not familiar with that.

Adding calcium can add to the cloudyness.

Hard to keep kids out the pool. If the chlorine level stays up I'd let them swim and filter 24/7 until pool clears.

jjwolf wrote:th=100
tc=10
fc=10
bro=20
ph=7.8
ta=120
sanitary=100

the pool is clearing up tonight i just vaccumed to waste abot 20% of the water in the pool

i did add some calcium. my main concern is it real hot and the kids want to swim. I can see the bottom now, Is it safe too swim?

Thank you again for any help!
jjwolf
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby jjwolf » Thu 31 Jul, 2008 07:56

Sanitary=100 is from the test stip that I use, and yes I know about test strips. I use both test strips and a dip tester.

Well I can now see the patterns at the bottom of the pool. It is still a little cloudy but I just keep cleaning the filter. (about twice a day)

The chlorine levels are still high but everything else is good now.

I might wait to finish adding the calcium to the pool clears completely.

Thanks again for the replys.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”