Black algae-can we wait

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
howbout
I'm new here
I'm new here

Black algae-can we wait

Postby howbout » Sat 13 May, 2006 12:23

A while back we had a black algae problem which we SEEMED to get under control....but then it came back...So now I have been treating the pool for the algae and brushing. In fact last night DH got in the pool to brush and told me that there are VERY few spores, a lot of what I am seeing is the actual finish on the pool which DOES have some black spots on it...which I knew but in my paranoia saw as algae :roll:

We had thought about draining and acid washing the pool but also think we are going to need to diamond brite sometime in the near future...so...
we are thinking of just keeping on top of the algae, hopefully getting rid of it, and waiting on doing anything to the pool until NEXT summer. At that point we would probably diamond brite it (if we acid wash we are looking at doing that and then also doing the diamond brite at a later date....). Anyway, does anything think this is a feasible solution? The pool really IS crystal clear....

Postby Guest » Sat 20 May, 2006 10:24

Well, judging from the number of views and absence of replies I guess no one here is knowledgeable enough to address this issue. No problem, I actually did find the solution on my own. Thanks to all who looked at the question anyway!

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”