Algae in condominium Homeowner's Association pool

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
tonimw229

Algae in condominium Homeowner's Association pool

Postby tonimw229 » Thu 20 Aug, 2009 14:31

Why not just add an algecide to your pool. In my pool I put chlorine, shock, and algecide on a weekly basis and it keeps it crystal clear.

Henry_R
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro
My Pool: HOA Community Swimming pool built approx. 1971.
In-Ground, Plaster 34x18 3.5-6' deep, Sta-rite P2R A5D-120L pump, A.O. Smith centurion 1HP (uprated 1.25HP) motor,Hayward S244S filter(new 2011), Rainbow Lifegard Chlorine/Bomine feeder; new replastered June 2010

Problem solved - thread closed please

Postby Henry_R » Thu 20 Aug, 2009 17:34

We used some algaecide once and it foamed up horribly. It took a week to get the stuff out of the filter.
The problem we had was an air leak in the suction line and it caused the shaft seal to leak too. The air leak caused it to foam up.

We ended up with a new motor and the air leak was from a rusted out suction gauge that the technician removed and plugged the hole. No more air bubbles in the strainer basket. It's been at least a month since the motor was installed; the first week of July or so. It's working perfectly.

If not for the main drain issue where it's not been replaced to comply with the new federal law the pool sparkles enough to be used. Perhaps next year we'll have the money to make the needed repairs and replace the cover.

Please consider this the last post; this problem was solved. I made a new thread about the pool motor and suction line issues here: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=8848&p=22766#p22766

Thanks just the same,
Henry
Money talks!? All it ever says to me is "goodbye!".

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”