How do you vacuum debri to waste rather than filter??

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
sptygl
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: I THINK it is 20,000 gallons. Inground pool. 8-10 feet at deep end, kidney shaped pool. I have a spa that waterfalls into the pool

Postby sptygl » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 02:20

oh!!! I am so overwhelmed... I just wrote earlier about my green swamp that I have been having trouble clearing up!!! It is a mess. Now I am researching cleaning and vacuuming, and not sure at what point I would do this. Right now the filter is running, and had been disembled and hosed down to clean out. (one problem I have is I am not able to backwash, one because I do not know how to, and two - because the valve broke off). I have been breaking down the entire filter (pentair) and washing down manually, which I must say is a royal PAIN!!! lol
anyway, just wondering when I would vacuum and what it means to send it to waste, because I do not know how to do that. I have a hose to connect to skimmer and the vacuum head.

Thanks!!! looking forward to getting this resolved and quick!! :)

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 02:27

sptygl wrote:oh!!! I am so overwhelmed... I just wrote earlier about my green swamp that I have been having trouble clearing up!!! It is a mess. Now I am researching cleaning and vacuuming, and not sure at what point I would do this. Right now the filter is running, and had been disembled and hosed down to clean out. (one problem I have is I am not able to backwash, one because I do not know how to, and two - because the valve broke off). I have been breaking down the entire filter (pentair) and washing down manually, which I must say is a royal PAIN!!! lol
anyway, just wondering when I would vacuum and what it means to send it to waste, because I do not know how to do that. I have a hose to connect to skimmer and the vacuum head.

Thanks!!! looking forward to getting this resolved and quick!! :)

Hi,

I'll look for your other post and see if I can answer you there. To vacuum to waste you need to have a multiport valve (or pipes and valves plumbed in for it). Check your other post and I should be answering more info there.
sptygl
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: I THINK it is 20,000 gallons. Inground pool. 8-10 feet at deep end, kidney shaped pool. I have a spa that waterfalls into the pool

Postby sptygl » Sun 07 Jun, 2009 17:27

also... I just tried to hook up the manual hose to the skimmer, and I had no luck in getting suction into the hose. I held it against the return of the pool after submerging the vacuum head end with hose and pole.

I thought I would first try to clean some of the algae and black off the bottom, but am having no luck there.
Should I just focus on cleaning out the filter right now ???(it was cleaned out yesterday).

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”