Green pool and now my head is spinning

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
bobbyg714
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: In ground 23,000 gallons. Vinyl liner. DE Filter.

Postby bobbyg714 » Tue 14 Jul, 2009 17:23

leanned wrote:I have pretty much figured out that Chem geek(Richard) is the go to man on this site!!! I just wish our pool store would tell us the same stuff as we learn here, or at last part of the stuff we learn here. The store I go to just scares the crap out of you for using too much chlorine in your pool. They would like me to add only 10-15 L at a time to clear a 100,000 L green pool. So as a relatively new pool owner I was listening, now that I have found this site I will be more inclined to listen to what is said here. It just takes me a while to get my "school head" back on for learning again.

Yeah, I also realized that Richard is the go to guy. Richard helped me back in May with an Algae issue. I had algae for three straight years and was about to hang it up when I stumbled on this site. Not only did Richard solve my problem, he educated me in pool care and bleach, recommended a great test kit, and answered any question I had no matter how dumb it sounded. With his help and my new found knowledge, my pool has NEVER looked better than it does this year. Best of all, I haven't been inside a pool store all season. No need to ever go there again unless I need a raft or something. :D Just wanted to thank Richard again for all he does on the board!

Bob

chem geek
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby chem geek » Tue 14 Jul, 2009 23:10

Your welcome, but my knowledge is cumulative starting from what I learned from Ben Powell and the mods at The PoolForum to people at Trouble Free Pool and other sites (such as PoolSpaForum that is more active about spas). There are a lot of very knowledgeable and helpful people. I've just focused mostly on the pool water chemistry aspect.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”