Pool's attached spa not heating up.

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
scaren
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: San Juan in ground with Spa

Postby scaren » Tue 21 Jul, 2009 21:56

Hello all I'm new to this forum. I found this forum while looking for help with my spa issue. I have a San Juan in ground pool with an attached spa. I have a Teledyne Laars LX250 heater and the pool is 25,000 gallons. The pool heats like it should but when I switch the water valve to spa and set the heater to spa the water does not get any hotter. I was told this heater should go into a different setting that heats the water faster when on the spa setting. Do you guy's know what I should be looking for? I appreciate all the help.

Allen & Karen

Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 07:31

scaren wrote:Hello all I'm new to this forum. I found this forum while looking for help with my spa issue. I have a San Juan in ground pool with an attached spa. I have a Teledyne Laars LX250 heater and the pool is 25,000 gallons. The pool heats like it should but when I switch the water valve to spa and set the heater to spa the water does not get any hotter. I was told this heater should go into a different setting that heats the water faster when on the spa setting. Do you guy's know what I should be looking for? I appreciate all the help.

Allen & Karen

Hi,

When trying to heat the spa you need to make sure the valves are set to isolate the spa. That means the water is pulled from the spa and returned to the spa. Normally you have to switch two valves to isolate.

There is no setting for faster heating that I know of. When a heater is turned on it starts to heat and continues until it reaches the temp the thermostat is set at. It heats at the same speed regardless of where the thermostat is set.
scaren
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: San Juan in ground with Spa

Postby scaren » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 09:13

That is what I thought it would do but after looking I found there is no valve coming from the spa to circulate it just the jets to supply water.
Denali
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Postby Denali » Wed 22 Jul, 2009 20:52

scaren wrote:That is what I thought it would do but after looking I found there is no valve coming from the spa to circulate it just the jets to supply water.

There are no valves on the inlet side of the pump? There has got to be a way to switch between suction from the pool and suction from the spa. If you didn't have that you'd have to heat the pool to spa temp for the spa to reach where you want.

I would look for that valve. It's the only way you'll be able to heat the spa. In older pools that valve was sometimes put in the ground with a cover over it.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”