help sand on the bottom of my inground pool!!!!!!!!!!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
help

Postby help » Sun 30 Aug, 2009 11:44

help i have an inground pool it has a de filter and a polaris for a vacum .this season i have a layer of sand on the bottom its driving me crazy.when i send the polris in the polaris pics the sand up but the water turns very clowdy if i dont run the filter for a couple of days the pool is crystal clear.but the bottom is full of sand a couple of people tell me i have a broken line but the water level stays the same(marked the skimmer)can anyone help before i pull all my hair out thanks. ps brought my waterto be tested and all the levels are great.

Blazing

Postby Blazing » Sat 28 Aug, 2010 17:36

Chances are you replaced a sand filter with broken laterals, and that you have residual sand in your lines. Keep running your equipment and the sand will decrease and eventually dissapear. D.E. filters have no sand.

The other possibility is that the sand is being blown in, or is being carried or thrown in. I had a lady with the same problem, sand in her pool, D.E. filter, and we found out that her lab would, on occassion, get into the sand in the kids sand box and then jump in the pool. Another clients 4 year old son was throwing it through the pool fence into the pool.

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”