I can't win

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
Traz
I'm new here
I'm new here

I can't win

Postby Traz » Thu 27 May, 2010 21:25

I have spent all week working hard to turn our brown/green swamp back into a swimming pool. With some great help of this forum & chem geek there is finally no green & the cloudiness is improving everyday. Another few days it would be great....except tonight our pump broke! We have the Jacuzzi 50 pump/filter combo so popular several years back.

At the beginning of the season we had considered buying a new filter, a DE one since we were having so much trouble keeping the pool clear. We thought it might be the filter. Had some money from our tax refund. Well after finding the forum & all the info here we have gotten it this far with bleach. Since it was doing so well we put the money toward a new LED TV & got it YESTERDAY. Well today the pump goes & the money for a new one is now sitting in the family room! Ughhh Doesn't it just figure.

It is going to take a few days to decide what we are going to do & where we are going to find the extra money in the budget now, so I know in a few days we will probably have green again. We do have a very large pong pump I wonder if we can rig temporarily to the filter.

I can probably find 3 or 4 like we have on Craigs list right now but I am wondered if some of you knowledgeable people think we should go ahead with a DE filter since we are buying.
Thanks

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”