Help! Cloudy green water

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
rond
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 16x24 oval doughboy sand filter

Help! Cloudy green water

Postby rond » Sun 06 Jun, 2010 11:22

I really ned some advice! I have a 10K gallon above ground doughboy with a sand filter. This spring I eliminated all Bacquacil from my pool(levels are at 0) . Following pool stores instructions, I added 2 lbs of lithum hydochlorite(OMNI 35) and... the water was still dark green. Went back the next day (after I lowered the PH) and they suggested 4 more lbs of shock! Did that... still green! I changed every grain of sand in the filter(pool stores advice) and ran the filter for 48 hrs straight. Yesterday I took a new sample to the pool store and here are the readings

FAC .02
TC 1.8
CC 1.6
TA 115
PH 7.7
CH 185
CYA 10
Copper 0
Iron 0
Total dissolved solids 300

The water was a little lighter green, but still could not see past the 2nd step of my ladder. The pool store owner said more shock! 4 more lbs later and running the filter overnight and guess what? STILL GREEN!
Do I fill my pool with dirt and make a elevated putting green? Help! It is Sunday and the pool store is closed so no water sample today....

riverdogg8899
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: my pool is kidney shaped and about 12,000 gallons

Help! Cloudy green water

Postby riverdogg8899 » Tue 15 Jun, 2010 13:06

Hello,

Add 1.5 gallons of liquid chlorine, 5lbs of stabilizer/conditioner and circulate it for a day. You will be fine. Stop the shock. They are selling you stuff you don't need. Call me if you need anything. Good luck.

Rob
www.reliablepoolsolutions.com

rond wrote:I really ned some advice! I have a 10K gallon above ground doughboy with a sand filter. This spring I eliminated all Bacquacil from my pool(levels are at 0) . Following pool stores instructions, I added 2 lbs of lithum hydochlorite(OMNI 35) and... the water was still dark green. Went back the next day (after I lowered the PH) and they suggested 4 more lbs of shock! Did that... still green! I changed every grain of sand in the filter(pool stores advice) and ran the filter for 48 hrs straight. Yesterday I took a new sample to the pool store and here are the readings

FAC .02
TC 1.8
CC 1.6
TA 115
PH 7.7
CH 185
CYA 10
Copper 0
Iron 0
Total dissolved solids 300

The water was a little lighter green, but still could not see past the 2nd step of my ladder. The pool store owner said more shock! 4 more lbs later and running the filter overnight and guess what? STILL GREEN!
Do I fill my pool with dirt and make a elevated putting green? Help! It is Sunday and the pool store is closed so no water sample today....

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”