Found a new pool guy!

Algae problems in swimming pool water.
Green (cloudy) water or slimy pool walls.
Black algae. Mustard algae. Pink or white pool mold.
flafogertyfan
I'm new here
I'm new here

Found a new pool guy!

Postby flafogertyfan » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 07:25

I just had Pinch A Penny replace my DE filters. They were 5 years old and I was getting debri coming thru the filters. I had stains on the bottom of my pool that looked brown to me. I told Pinch A Penny and they sold me acid. After the acid treatment it did not leave. They said I need to stick with the acid that it would just take time and to keep scrubing with a new metal brush that they also sold me. After $150.00 worth of acid I called First class pool service in Tampa Fl. Dennis came out and took one look and said it looked like algae. He then told me about the PUCK TEST. Put a chlorine tablet down and wait, in my case 20 mins, and if the stain is gone under the PUCK it is algae. He then told me to put 6 gals of chlorine in the pool. The next day the stains were all gone. Dennis is now my new pool guy. Pinch A Penny just smiled when I shared the PUCK TEST with them. We Live and we Learn!!! If you need an awesome pool guy around Tampa, do yourself a favor and call Dennis at First Class Pool Service. :D

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Found a new pool guy!

Postby floridapooltech » Fri 13 Aug, 2010 12:55

flafogertyfan wrote:I just had Pinch A Penny replace my DE filters. They were 5 years old and I was getting debri coming thru the filters. I had stains on the bottom of my pool that looked brown to me. I told Pinch A Penny and they sold me acid. After the acid treatment it did not leave. They said I need to stick with the acid that it would just take time and to keep scrubing with a new metal brush that they also sold me. After $150.00 worth of acid I called First class pool service in Tampa Fl. Dennis came out and took one look and said it looked like algae. He then told me about the PUCK TEST. Put a chlorine tablet down and wait, in my case 20 mins, and if the stain is gone under the PUCK it is algae. He then told me to put 6 gals of chlorine in the pool. The next day the stains were all gone. Dennis is now my new pool guy. Pinch A Penny just smiled when I shared the PUCK TEST with them. We Live and we Learn!!! If you need an awesome pool guy around Tampa, do yourself a favor and call Dennis at First Class Pool Service. :D

Dennis and the staff at FCPS definitely knows what they're doing. Happy to hear you are happy with him! I'm not at all surprised they gave you the runaround at the pool store as most of the staff their are trained just to sell...SOMETHING!

Return to “Pool Algae & Green Pool Water”