Newbie here, question regarding plumbing valves and pressures

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jmose23
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: New Build (completed Aug of 2017), Roughly 13,000 gallons

Newbie here, question regarding plumbing valves and pressures

Postby jmose23 » Wed 16 Aug, 2017 11:57

Hi all, Rookie here!! Question for you all. We JUST finished the process of building our new in ground pool with a 3 foot waterfall. I can post pics and more info about the pool if need be later. Anyway, on to my real question / concern:

During pool school, the company showed us our suction propelled little robotic cleaner guy. We have a variable speed pump. Overnight / early mornings when nobody is swimming, the pump runs on a low speed or not at all. We have the pump on an automated schedule that I control from my smart phone. I was wondering if I can just shut off all suction to the main drain and just let the robot do the cleaning when the pump is on high. I really dont like having to go to the equipment and turn valves to adjust pressure for the waterfall, adjust valves to use the main drain and skimmer and then readjust when someone is in the pool, ect..... What Id like to do is just shut off the main drain essentially and use all available suction to the skimmer 24/7 and then the cleaner when its cycled on. Will this cause any issues?

Let me know if this makes zero sense or if pictures of the valves or my pump / filter / cleaner will help at all. Thanks all!!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”