Oily, sticky substance in pool

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
NotHavingFun

Oily, sticky substance in pool

Postby NotHavingFun » Thu 16 Aug, 2018 15:17

I have a newly-installed 16x28 Radiant Pool. I added my first batch of chemicals (Bacquacil) three days ago. The day after adding the chemicals I noticed tiny globs of a brown sticky substance in the pool water.

On the second day I noticed water leaking from a seal in the pump. I took a picture, sent it to the place that sold me the pool, and he called later that day to tell me he thought there was a crack in the pump. He said keep it running 24/7 until he could send someone out to replace it.

Today, day three, I went out to check the pool and that sticky substance is all around the top (water level) of the vinyl lining and has adhered to the pool ladder. This oily sticky substance has sand mixed in it (I use a dollar sand filter) and is like glue to remove. I think it's oil and sand.

I have a call into where I bought the pool, but no response. Has anyone else had this experience? Any advice perhaps?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Oily, sticky substance in pool

Postby Teapot » Fri 17 Aug, 2018 11:40

Hahaha, bacacrap! Either stop using it or stop using it.
They should replace the pump and clean up the pool!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”