Booster pump turns on no output

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Wesleyd123
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 30,000 Gallon, In Ground, "Peanut Shaped", 9 Foot Deep end, 4 1/2 foot shallow end, Tanning Ledge with bubbler, 2 "Spray" things coming out of the edge of the pool.

Jandy DEL 60
PB4 Booster Pump

Laars XL Pool Heater (doesn't work will figure out some day)

Booster pump turns on no output

Postby Wesleyd123 » Sat 02 Mar, 2019 13:59

Hello I am a new pool owner, I have an in ground pool about 28-30k gallons. I have a Jandy DEL 60 and a PB4 Booster Pump. When the Jandy pump is on water flows the bubbler has water coming out of it. Once I turn on the booster pump for the Polaris pool skimmer it appears that water flows through it at a slow rate but it does not have ANYWHERE near the power it had before, I honestly dont think it is sucking up at all I think it is just pushing the water through it from the Jandy pump. When I turn the Booster pump on i can physically hear it come on. The only thing that I see is a very small amount of water coming out of the top hose where the grommet meets the unit.

Do we think I need a new unit or should I be disconnecting this thing and taking it off the slab to take apart?

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Booster pump turns on no output

Postby Teapot » Sun 03 Mar, 2019 07:03

What's a bubbler?
You may hear the booster pump come on but most of these type of pump failures are due to a small, inexpensive but essential part failing, in this case probably the start/run capacitor. That's the first place I would look.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”