NO FLOW - Hayward Pro Logic Automation with Salt Chlorinator

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
friedmike
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground with spa. Hayward Pro Logic Automation, Hayward Heater, Salt Chlorinator

NO FLOW - Hayward Pro Logic Automation with Salt Chlorinator

Postby friedmike » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 10:07

I'm trying to determine if i need to purchase a new main board GLX-PCB-PRO for my Hayward Pro Logic Automation system. All functions seem to operate correctly except I have a constant NO FLOW message and an inability to do any of the salt functions. I’ve replaced the flow switch but that did not solve the problem. I verified I have no actual flow blockage as well and that the salt cell is operating correctly. Otherwise, my timer settings work, my valve settings work, etc. through the automation. I have a Pro Logic PL-PS-4 and a GLX-CELL-9-W. I'm running Main Software 4.46. Display Software Local-04 r4.00. RF Base Software r3.00 ID:63D6. I've already replaced the main board once and I've only owned the entire system 5 years. Really don't want to drop $500+ on a new board which is why I'm posting. I can turn super chlorinate on when the system is off. But even though it shows super chlorinator running, there is still NO FLOW. Wondering if there are any troubleshooting or other diagnostics I can do. Hayward tech support was useless (not surprising). Thanks for your help!

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: NO FLOW - Hayward Pro Logic Automation with Salt Chlorinator

Postby Teapot » Tue 16 Jul, 2019 13:39

Tricky from the other end of a PC. As the flow switch didn't make a difference I would look to the solid state relay as these do fail. Are you able to carry out that sort of job? If not someone local like an electronics person?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”