How To Balance Your Pool Water

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
francisthomas
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: i have small swimming pool

How To Balance Your Pool Water

Postby francisthomas » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 04:46

The first step to accomplishing perfect water balance is testing. If it’s the begin of the pool season, take a sample of your water to your nearest pool store to have it professionally analyzed. You have to do this at least as soon as a month and you ought to test your water at home, with a check kit or check strips, at least as soon as a week.A determine expressing the acidity or alkalinity of an answer here. Your pool water must be between 7.4 and 7.6 on the pH scale, which could properly stability your pool’s water. If your pool is nicely balanced, while you open your eyes underwater, they will not burn. The water will be as balanced as your tears.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: How To Balance Your Pool Water

Postby Teapot » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 05:31

Whilst I agree the first step is testing, properly balancing your water is a lot more than just the pH. The use of dip strips for testing is almost pointless as they are wildly inaccurate and the steps are to far apart to be practical.
To achieve correct balance we need to measure:
pH, Alkalinity, Calcium hardness, Chlorine free & Total and Cyanuric acid.
Also what type of pool, concrete/plaster/tile or vinyl liner/fibreglass.
Home testing with a good kit is also far better than the pool store where you get poor advice and will be encouraged to buy things you probably don't need.
intecamerica
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Intec America Corporation is one of the well-known providers of water treatment solutions for commercial, industrial, and residential applications. Established in 1973, Intec America was the first company to commercialize the revolutionary copper ionization technology designed by NASA. The company offers a variety of water treatment solutions including water softening, filtration, reverse osmosis, tannin removal, ozonation, and U/V light. The water treatment solutions provided by the company are useful for swimming pools and spas, as well as industrial water treatment applications.

Postby intecamerica » Wed 29 Jan, 2020 02:16

Best way to balance pool water is by following healthy alternatives for swimming pools.

Alternatives to chlorine in pools

Bromine
Ozonation
Mineral Water Pool Systems
Pristine Blue
PHMB
U/V Light
Ultrafiltration
Copper Ionization
Reduction in Water Temperature
mel.cooper
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 50,000-litre pool

Postby mel.cooper » Mon 18 Apr, 2022 23:01

Yeah, my brother is using this mineral pool system from Magnapool https://www.magnapool.com/ and he said it's really easy to maintain.
Teapot1
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12000 gallons vinyl liner,

Postby Teapot1 » Tue 19 Apr, 2022 00:17

I am expecting to change to a magnesium based pool probably next year, too busy this year.
Dryden aqua glass filtration media (AFM ng) will out perform the zodiac version by a huge margin as it filters to 1 micron and below that with flocculent. Magnesium salt, yes its a salt is a lot more expensive to buy than sodium salt but I will see if there are any real benefits to my health, I really doubt it as the concentration is very low. Magnesium salt is used in a floatation pod which I use from time to time but that is sensory deprivation, altogether a different experience to a swimming pool.
I may not give you the answer you want to hear, but I will give an honest opinion of your situation as you decribe it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”