Intelliflow revisited

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 15 x 40 ft inground fiberglass

Intelliflow revisited

Postby dalehileman » Wed 10 Aug, 2011 11:39

Thank you Cpo for that report. I shall Fwd it to several pool-owning correspondents

Still wondering however if the PV systems pick up sand

cpo2go
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard
My Pool: 27,000 gal, pebble tec, all Pentair equipment; DE filter, 3/4 hp, 400k heater, Poolvergnuegen 4x Pool Cleaner

Intelliflow revisited

Postby cpo2go » Wed 10 Aug, 2011 18:39

The suction cleaners do a great job with sand. The older pressure cleaners do a decent job but are really designed more for leaves and larger debris. The new combo suction/pressure cleaners wouldn't work for sand at all in the pressure setting. There is a basket, not a bag collecting the debris. In the case of only finer sand, dirt and silt, I would use the suction cleaner.
http://www.cpo2go.com
Pool and Spa Water Care Simplified.
Easy to use, fast results.
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Intelliflow revisited

Postby dalehileman » Thu 11 Aug, 2011 11:00

The suction cleaners do a great job with sand.
Aha I shall remember that, thank you Cpo

The older pressure cleaners do a decent job but are really designed more for leaves and larger debris.
I suppose my 380 to be one of those and while it does a fine job with twigs and the like it's disappointing with sand

The new combo suction/pressure cleaners wouldn't work for sand at all in the pressure setting.
Thanks, also good to know
dalehileman
Swimming Pool Wizard
Swimming Pool Wizard

Intelliflow revisited

Postby dalehileman » Fri 11 May, 2012 13:44

The complexity of the Intelliflow may eventually become its undoing. Owing maybe to a power surge--or me somehow misusing the remote--or some such occurrence--during the entire winter the Intelliflow never shut off. It cycled through high-low-sweep ok but then stayed on at low speed all the rest of the time unless I turn it off using remote. I was sure it had something to do with temp setting routine because as soon as the weather warmed up it turned off ok between 3 and 5 pm like it's supposed to

However I was disappointed that it doesn't shut off when it's done, so it still runs all night. Doubtless it still saves electricity over the old system but if for no other reason than it'll wear out quicker, I'd like it to work properly so I’m hoping my No. 1 Son might know what to do. Incidentally he’s an aerospace computer programmer—indeed maybe that’s what’s needed

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”