Auto Cleaner

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
b50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Auto Cleaner

Postby b50 » Mon 15 Aug, 2011 10:31

Hello,

I have a 28'x14' vinyl lined pool. All of the dirt seems to collect in the deep end of the pool. I was wondering if there was some sort of automatic cleaner that I could put in the pool that will help keep it clean. I don't want to have it hook up to my filter, because that keeps the top really clean. Is there anything that I can buy that will run just in the bottom by its self to keep the dirt off the bottom?

Thanks.

floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: License # CPO34-283076

Auto Cleaner

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 14:28

b50 wrote:Hello,

I have a 28'x14' vinyl lined pool. All of the dirt seems to collect in the deep end of the pool. I was wondering if there was some sort of automatic cleaner that I could put in the pool that will help keep it clean. I don't want to have it hook up to my filter, because that keeps the top really clean. Is there anything that I can buy that will run just in the bottom by its self to keep the dirt off the bottom?

Thanks.

I would recommend getting one of these Above Ground Pool Cleaners which are designed for above ground and vinyl lined pools. You only need to have it in the pool cleaning a few times a week. That is the only option available to you other than manually vacuuming it every few days, and nobody likes to do that! These cleaners have an adapter and plug in directly to your skimmer when you want to use it. Plus kids like them too! :)
b50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Auto Cleaner

Postby b50 » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 14:52

So, these don't need to attach to my pump then? That will be perfect if thats the case. Will it hurt anything to have it just sit in there for 3-4 days if I don't use the pool? Also, how does it handle going up hills? If it doesn't do that well then its not a big deal, just would be nice?
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Auto Cleaner

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 14:55

b50 wrote:So, these don't need to attach to my pump then? That will be perfect if thats the case. Will it hurt anything to have it just sit in there for 3-4 days if I don't use the pool? Also, how does it handle going up hills? If it doesn't do that well then its not a big deal, just would be nice?

They will climb walls in most cases. These do not connect directly to your pump, however they piggyback on your pools suction system. Meaning there is a skimmer plate that goes over your skimmer, the hose connects to the plate and now you have an automatic cleaning system. It will not hurt the cleaner to leave it in the pool 24x7 at all as I never remove my personal cleaner at all. In order for these to work, however, your pool pump does need to be running as it does require suction to run! Hopefully you can enjoy a clean, dirt free pool soon! :)
b50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Auto Cleaner

Postby b50 » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 15:26

Sorry I am really new to the whole pool thing... So how does this attach to my skimmer? I have the pump on all the time which is pumping the water through the pool and in the skimmer, but I am not sure how I would attach this to it?
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Auto Cleaner

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 15:34

b50 wrote:Sorry I am really new to the whole pool thing... So how does this attach to my skimmer? I have the pump on all the time which is pumping the water through the pool and in the skimmer, but I am not sure how I would attach this to it?

There is an adapter plate that comes with the cleaner. When you want to run the skimmer only, to clean the top of the pool, you simply remove the hose from the skimmer plate. Most pool owners will run their pool cleaner 4 days a week, and skim the other 3
b50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Auto Cleaner

Postby b50 » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 15:44

See I would like to be able to do both... don't know if thats possible. I pretty much have to keep the skimmer going, because I have a lot of stuff that falls from trees on my pool. Then the cleaner I was hopign would take care of the dirt that falls to the bottom.
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Auto Cleaner

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 16:12

b50 wrote:See I would like to be able to do both... don't know if thats possible. I pretty much have to keep the skimmer going, because I have a lot of stuff that falls from trees on my pool. Then the cleaner I was hopign would take care of the dirt that falls to the bottom.

With the set up it sounds like you have, you would have to sacrifice one or the other unless you plumb in a dedicated suction line with PVC pipe (if you know what you're doing, this may be simple), however it may not look very pretty when the cleaner is plugged in and running
b50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Auto Cleaner

Postby b50 » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 16:37

Hmm... i could do that but I have no clue how to do that... There aren't ones that run by themselves without suction...
floridapooltech
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar

Auto Cleaner

Postby floridapooltech » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 16:40

b50 wrote:Hmm... i could do that but I have no clue how to do that... There aren't ones that run by themselves without suction...

There are robotic cleaners which run off electricity, however they can be very pricey. You can view them all here: http://www.swimnsaveusa.com/AutomaticPoolCleaners.html

Robotic cleaners are at the very bottom!
b50
I'm new here
I'm new here

Auto Cleaner

Postby b50 » Tue 16 Aug, 2011 16:49

Alright thanks for you help. I will have to think about what I can do. Maybe I will have to just vacuum it manually for now.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”