Filter pressure issue

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
AZWildcat24
I'm new here
I'm new here

Filter pressure issue

Postby AZWildcat24 » Thu 10 May, 2012 16:19

I have an issue with my in ground pool and more specifically my pool sweep.

I recently cleaned my D.E. filter for the start of the new year and everything was running fine. Main drain suction, skimmer and pool sweep all running normal. Then (about 10 days later) I noticed my pool sweep is not running. I close the valves to my drain and skimmer to maximize the the pressure and my filter pressure drops from 15 to 3 with lots of air passing through the pump basket. However, when I detach my sweep and hose from the suction port, pressure resumes to a normal 15 psi for that port with no air. I also tried to hook up the sweep to the skimmer and it also failed to run (although pressure stayed around 15). I am using a 2 Wheel POOLVERGNUEGEN POOLCLEANER pool sweep. I took apart the pool sweep and found nothing that would impede its movement.

Can anyone with more experience offer an idea of what I should look at?

Thanks in advance
:D

BillD
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast
My Pool: 18 x 36 7/11 pool, 92,000liters, Aqua Genie skimmer, hayward 1 HP pump, original 7/11 24" sand filter

Filter pressure issue

Postby BillD » Wed 30 May, 2012 07:53

Possibly a little late to be of any help, but here goes. If you are getting air in the pump, there is a leak somewhere allowing air to be sucked into the lines. The inclusion of air is causing the pressure drop. Since the pressure goes up when you remove the cleaners hose, I would first look at the hose for the cleaner. This of course, doesn't help your problem , but may give you another idea of where to look.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”