Zodiac G2 Generating Air?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
AirGeneratingDave

Postby AirGeneratingDave » Sat 06 Oct, 2012 19:19

I have been reading every post I can find on air bubbles, but haven't found anything similar to my situation.

I have a Zodiac Barracuda G2 underwater connected to a Pentair leaf canister. Both are brand new. Air is accumulating in the canister despite the G2 and canister 100% underwater. The canister is connected directly to the G2.

Without the leaf bag in place, I can watch small air bubbles come up through the G2 into the clear canister. Nothing else is between these two pieces of equipment and both are under 4 feet of water.

I have tried adjusting the suction from 2-4 (reading on the Zodiac meter), but still air enters the canister. The end result is a canister full of air that air bubbles the pump and stops the system.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

BeenThereDoneThat

Postby BeenThereDoneThat » Sun 07 Oct, 2012 07:50

Very strange. Usually, there is a leak in a supply hose somewhere, but it sounds like all of the components are underwater when the air is introduced into the system.

If you replace the vacuum with a small piece of hose, does the canister fill with air?
AirGeneratingDave

Postby AirGeneratingDave » Sun 07 Oct, 2012 18:31

BeenThereDoneThat wrote:Very strange. Usually, there is a leak in a supply hose somewhere, but it sounds like all of the components are underwater when the air is introduced into the system.

If you replace the vacuum with a small piece of hose, does the canister fill with air?

Keeping everything under water, if I swap out the G2 vacuum for a piece of hose, then no bubbles accumulate in the canister.

A friend said I should shut off the pump and see if bubbles remain in the canister. I tried that. After the pump is shut off, bubbles are still in the canister. He thought that there may be some cavitation or other suction induced reason for bubble generation in the vacuum.
AirGeneratingDave

Postby AirGeneratingDave » Thu 11 Oct, 2012 19:19

I created a video for Zodiac tech support. So far, they haven't been too helpful.

http://youtu.be/11Qx-LXbT6Q

Perhaps the video will help.
Michel15
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Michel15 » Tue 30 Oct, 2012 11:14

I tried that. After the pump is shut off, bubbles are still in the canister. He thought that there may be some gravitation or other suction induced reason for bubble generation in the vacuum.

Pool Accessories

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”