Polynesian Pool Automatic thCleaner Suggestions

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
hemiwin1
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby hemiwin1 » Sun 28 Apr, 2013 21:33

I have a Polynesian In ground pool with the low hung liner and fiberglass walls. Looking for recommendations for an automatic cleaner. The pool is 24' x 44' with 3' deep shallow end and 9' deep end; holds 40,000 gallons.

Can anyone suggest a unit that works well in this style of pool, or ones to avoid?

CGPoolman
Swimming Pool Pro
Swimming Pool Pro

Postby CGPoolman » Wed 01 May, 2013 13:42

There's a lot of different cleaners out there, and they all do essentially the same thing - they vacuum the pool. I usually suggest the Hayward Navigator or the Baracuda. They have been around a long time and are generally low-maintenance. Both of these work off your pool suction. You can purchase either of these for around 300 bucks. You really don't need to spend more than that for a good cleaner.

A big mistake people make with an automatic cleaner is leaving it to run in the pool whenever the pump is running. This only accelerates the wear and tear on the cleaner and will cost you a lot of $$ on repairs. You can run your cleaner 1-2 times a week, just like you would manually vacuum the pool.

-CG

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”