Pump plumbing advice needed. Thanks!

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jamespaulca
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pump plumbing advice needed. Thanks!

Postby jamespaulca » Sat 15 Jun, 2013 20:29

Hello, looking for some advice on pool pump plumbing project. Here is project need to replaced pump and restore a disconnected pool sweep. Currently an old underperforming 2HP pump is going directly into a Hayward C3025 filter via 1.5” piping. We have already purchased a Polaris 360 F1 Automatic Pressure Pool Cleaner. There is a disconnected 1.5”dedicated line to a pool connection for old long gone pool sweep. I will reconnect this when I install new pump. Because there is only 1.5” piping I was going to buy and install a Hayward Super pump of only 1.5HP it is only 83gpm. If I normally run both sweep and filter I don’t think I will get enough flow through filter. So I am leaning towards a SP2615X20 (approx 122 gpm). It will have 2” ports that I can deal with. Any advice?

Second question, is I will come up from pump’s discharge through a new union with 2” piping then either (a) “Tee” it with 1.5” branch to filter and 2nd branch to sweep. I would put a valve in sweep line to control flow to sweep. (b) Is come up from pump right into a diverter valve, with 1.5” going to filter and 1.5” line going to sweep. I am looking for most efficient flow plumbing. Any advice?

Thanks- I appreciate any advice to help me make right choices, to do it right first time.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”