Barracuda not covering entire pool

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
PhilGarth
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My barracuda pulses just fine. It sucks just fine. It moves just fine. But, for some reason it is no longer covering the entire bottom of the pool. HELP!

Barracuda not covering entire pool

Postby PhilGarth » Wed 07 Sep, 2016 19:41

I have a problem with my Barracuda. It moves, it pulses, it sucks. But, it no longer covers the entire bottom of the pool. Why? HELP!

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Barracuda not covering entire pool

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 06:08

Has anything changed with your pool, has the weight moved or the hose shortened
PhilGarth
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My barracuda pulses just fine. It sucks just fine. It moves just fine. But, for some reason it is no longer covering the entire bottom of the pool. HELP!

Postby PhilGarth » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 15:08

I have 2 weights. They are both attached to the hose about 12 inches from the end of the hose that attaches to the wall port. They are about 4 inches apart. My wife seems to think that one section of hose may be missing but, I am not so sure. Other than having a new pump motor installed everything has remained the same.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 08 Sep, 2016 15:20

Try moving the weights about, closer to the Barracuda
Does the hose come in sections, if so try adding more
I have a similar cleaner which is very random in manouvering about which I don't use any more as it's just as easy to vacuum the pool and know it's all done
PhilGarth
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby PhilGarth » Sat 10 Sep, 2016 18:48

Yes the hose comes in sections. There are 11 sections. I have an in-line canister which is between the 2nd and 3rd hose section. How far towards the Barracuda would you recommend moving the weights?

You say your cleaner is very random. Mine appears to be tracking over the same area with a variation of about 2 feet either side.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 11 Sep, 2016 03:41

All I can say is check that everything is moving free and nothing is trapped in it, then play about with the weights by trial and error (even try removing them)
Is the new pump motor a more powerful one or less, or a straight swap

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”