automatic cleaning heads

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
the prospector

automatic cleaning heads

Postby the prospector » Thu 17 Nov, 2016 18:13

Being new pool guy I was enjoying my pool when i noticed that not all the little round water pop up cleaning jets were not working properly.
I of course went to youtube and watched a fellow clean and check the same type of actuator system as I have. A & A top feed, Being a normal red blooded know it all mr. fixit I opened the modulator cover and removed the gear system I found nothing wrong I then checked the 6 valves for pop up's these also were in working order I did notice that in the video, when the pool guy reinserted the main shaft he inserted small washer over the main shaft, where I had none at all.? ?
So I added a flat washer from my junk box, reinstalled everything then I turned on the Pool pump now the pop ups that were not opening were now up but the one's that were operating ok, have stopped So I opened up the system again and found nothing wrong. looking at all the internal parts and rotating the center shaft everything worked normal. I know a new gear system runs many bucks $$$$ 250.00

any help, I would be ever so grateful It does seem to begettin enough water pressure
and the little black shut off valve on the cap to jam the impeller is up/ open and works

Jump right in i'm open for suggestions
prospetor

the prospector

Re: automatic cleaning heads

Postby the prospector » Fri 18 Nov, 2016 20:39

Well hear I am again I have solved the problem of the pop up heads not rotating.
First I found one of the valves support arms was loose So I glued this down with Gorilla epoxy,
I waited two hours but then I noticed that two of the gear wheels had no retainer clips
a quick trip back to Ace Hardware for the second time. installed the two missing retainer clips and re assembled and zoom I was back in business again
I'm learning

The old Prospector

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”