Pool problem. Need help. New to this recently widowed

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Aginn10
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Oh gosh, I don't know, in ground 10' deep 40,000-45,000 gallons DE filter Polaris PB4-60 booster pump and sweeper is 3900 Polaris.

Pool problem. Need help. New to this recently widowed

Postby Aginn10 » Tue 11 Apr, 2017 12:57

:cry:

So my husband always handled the pool. He passed away last June and immediately when I went to get it fixed to there were issues. I was able to fix them with the help of you tube. However I am stumped here. On my Polaris PB4-60, there's a hose that comes out that white tube and goes in the top of the pump. It has sprung a leak. Not a leak at the metal part but the kind like your hose gets where it shoots way up in the air a fine mist? Only it's spreading. I have ZERO clue what to do. I have ZERO clue if it's something fixable even. And even tho the pool sweep seems to be getting enough power, there are constantly bubbles where it connects into the wall of the pool. Could this be related? Please please any help is greatly appreciated!!!! Amy
IMG_1806.JPG
IMG_1806.JPG (668.39 KiB) Viewed 321 times
IMG_1766.PNG
IMG_1766.PNG (1021.5 KiB) Viewed 321 times

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Pool problem. Need help. New to this recently widowed

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 13 Apr, 2017 19:05

Without seeing the leak I think you will have to replace the flexible pipe
Uncle Bobby
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 5 years old. Approx 15,000 gallons. 7 1/2' deep. Pentax variable speed pump. Eclipse 2 ozonator. Peble bright surface, travertine coping. Spa. 400K BTU heater. DE filter.

Re: Pool problem. Need help. New to this recently widowed

Postby Uncle Bobby » Fri 21 Apr, 2017 10:56

Looks almost like a garden hose type of screw fitting. Polaris should have one. Maybe even a Polaris dealer would have one.It "should" be a relatively easy fix. Good luck.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”