Chlorinator with Nature2

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
kenmurphy67

Chlorinator with Nature2

Postby kenmurphy67 » Wed 03 May, 2017 23:24

I bought a house with a pool (about 10 years old). It has a Nature 2 Professional G mineral sanitizing system. Of course, there was no manuals left behind... I'm wondering if the pool still requires chlorine, or if this Nature 2 takes care of that. If it does still require chlorine, would an offline chlorinator be appropriate?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Chlorinator with Nature2

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 04 May, 2017 02:07

I Googled it and came up with this
Replace your mineral cartridge every six months to keep your swimming pool clean, clear, and algae-free
Additional Info
Minerals like copper and silver have been well known for their sanitizing antimicrobial properties.
Nature 2 cartridges bring natural sanitisation to your pool. It allows you to reduce chlorine use by up to 50% and is guaranteed to kill bacteria and control algae.
Whether you use chlorine or salt water, Nature2 will work to optimize your system and reduce the use and effects of traditional harsh chemicals.

It seems you still have to add chlorine and any form of chlorination would be OK (don't use the pucks or powder as they add CYA)
For every 10 ppm Free Chlorine (FC) added by Trichlor, it also increases Cyanuric Acid (CYA) by 6 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Dichlor, it also increases CYA by 9 ppm.
For every 10 ppm FC added by Cal-Hypo, it also increases Calcium Hardness (CH) by at least 7 ppm

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”