Polaris stopped moving

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
mcevikce
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Saltwater pool. size 14' * 25'. There is a SPA section with 10 jets. Surface is tile. Water feature supported by a separate pump. Heater and filtering system with a adjustable pump.

Polaris stopped moving

Postby mcevikce » Sun 23 Jul, 2017 12:38

I recently started to maintain my pool. Not familiar with all the terminology but i will do my best. My pool is 12 x 22. Saltwater pool. It has two pumps. One for the filter and other for the water feature. There is also a booster pump for the polaris. Recently the polaris stopped moving. There are two lines coming to pool from booster pump. One line is hooked up to the polaris and other is open. Seems like most of the pressure is going to the open line and polaris line is not getting any. The day polaris stopped moving, I did see a plug on the bottom of the pool by the open return line. I think that open line was closed originally but I am not sure if it was closed permanently or just for winter.
My question is, should the second return line be plugged so that full pressure is going to the second line where polaris is hooked up, or there is another issue that I am not aware of? I have been trying to figure this out for almost 4 weeks. Thank you for your help in advance.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Polaris stopped moving

Postby Denniswiseman » Mon 24 Jul, 2017 02:39

I'm not familar with you setup but try posting here www.troublefreepool.com for more exoerienced people to answer

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”