Control Heater on/off Through Phone

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
StevesPool
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18' x 36' rectangular in ground vinyl liner pool

Pump: Pentair 011018 IntelliFlo 3HP Variable Speed Pool Pump Ultra Energy-Efficient, 230V
Heater: Raypak 206
Filter: Pentair Tagelus Sand
Light: Hayward ColorLogic LED

Control Heater on/off Through Phone

Postby StevesPool » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 10:14

I am looking for the most cost effective way to control my Raypack 206 heater through my phone.
Ideally, I would like to be abel to see what the temperature of the pool is in addition to turning the heater on and off.
I know I could get a Pentair Easytouch or Hayward OmniLogic, but those seem very expensive and beyond what I want to control.

I do have a Pentair Intelliflo pump and a Hayward LED light, FYI. Seeing what the experts would recommend in terms of cost effective automation.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Control Heater on/off Through Phone

Postby Teapot » Wed 01 Nov, 2017 15:17

Not an expert on this, more enthusiast barely getting to grips with it but ever hopeful! Have you looker at the Hackster website, usually some bright spark has built something similar and could help you adapt it.
paulr33
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Fibreglass Salt Water Pool, 45k litres

Re: Control Heater on/off Through Phone

Postby paulr33 » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 05:32

You could build a controller with an arduino but it would be a bit of work. The temperature input is easy and then it’s just a controller relay for the 240v AC power and an Ethernet sheid for IP connectivity

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”