How To Balance Your Pool Water

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
francisthomas
Pool Newbie
Pool Newbie
My Pool: i have small swimming pool

How To Balance Your Pool Water

Postby francisthomas » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 04:46

The first step to accomplishing perfect water balance is testing. If it’s the begin of the pool season, take a sample of your water to your nearest pool store to have it professionally analyzed. You have to do this at least as soon as a month and you ought to test your water at home, with a check kit or check strips, at least as soon as a week.A determine expressing the acidity or alkalinity of an answer here. Your pool water must be between 7.4 and 7.6 on the pH scale, which could properly stability your pool’s water. If your pool is nicely balanced, while you open your eyes underwater, they will not burn. The water will be as balanced as your tears.

Teapot
Swimming Pool Superstar
Swimming Pool Superstar
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: How To Balance Your Pool Water

Postby Teapot » Thu 09 Nov, 2017 05:31

Whilst I agree the first step is testing, properly balancing your water is a lot more than just the pH. The use of dip strips for testing is almost pointless as they are wildly inaccurate and the steps are to far apart to be practical.
To achieve correct balance we need to measure:
pH, Alkalinity, Calcium hardness, Chlorine free & Total and Cyanuric acid.
Also what type of pool, concrete/plaster/tile or vinyl liner/fibreglass.
Home testing with a good kit is also far better than the pool store where you get poor advice and will be encouraged to buy things you probably don't need.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”