How to turn off solar heating

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Spanish_flea
I'm new here
I'm new here

How to turn off solar heating

Postby Spanish_flea » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 02:11

Hi,

I've inherited maintenance of the family pool from my late father (who owned a pool shop and therefore did everything himself) and am having issues with constantly leaking solar heating. I'm not sure when it was installed but it's a Hydromatt system and everytime I fix a leak another one springs up in another place (we also have giant possums that use the roof as a football field and poke holes in it/knock tubes out of the manifolds).

I'm sick of trying to fix it but I'm not sure how to turn off the heating. I know turning the controller off doesn't stop the water going onto the roof, which is the issue. If I turn off the solar pump will that work? Or will it break something else?

Any help greatly appreciate.

-Alice

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: How to turn off solar heating

Postby Denniswiseman » Tue 28 Nov, 2017 05:01

Hi Alice

I would assume that you have valves that would isolate the solar side bearing in mind that your father was more knowledgeable than the average person
Also turning off the solar pump should stop any flow to the roof and shouldn't break anything else
Try different scenario's, turn the pump off and then isolate the solar and see what happens

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”