Hayward 6060 booster pool sweep pump not working correctly

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Westsidepoolguy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground large pool, Hayward pumps

Hayward 6060 booster pool sweep pump not working correctly

Postby Westsidepoolguy » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 16:22

Hey all, My pool sweep pump turns on and the pool sweep begins working for about 1-2 minutes but then it stops. The pump seems to keep running but not circulating after this point. I even went as far as to pull the sweep out of the water and then run it. For the first 1-2 minutes it seems to have full circulation of water and pressure but then just stops. Any suggestions?

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Hayward 6060 booster pool sweep pump not working correctly

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 17:45

It seems that you are sucking in air. Does the pump strainer basket fill with air when it stops?
How can you have full circulation when you have the sweep out of the water, there would be no water to circulate
Westsidepoolguy
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground large pool, Hayward pumps

Postby Westsidepoolguy » Sat 23 Dec, 2017 19:48

the pump line for the pool sweep drafts off of the main circulation pump line. Thats why the sweep can be out of the water. does that make sense? I'm thinking that maybe it is getting an air bubble like you suggested. I'm noticing that the main circulation seems to have a lot air in it today. The basket doesn't seem dirty/clogged. Will investigate now. Thanks
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Postby Denniswiseman » Sun 24 Dec, 2017 12:08

So I assume you only have one pump and the vacuum line is connected probably with a 3 way valve to change between normal filtration through your skimmer / main drain and vacuuming
No matter where the vacuum is connected if you lift the sweeper out of the water it will suck air in when the valve is set to vacuum
If your normal operation is OK look for a suction side air leak on your vacuum line

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”