Zodiac Baracuda G2 Floating

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
jgm
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 7.5 x 3.6 concrete salt pool, with marblesheen surface and perlite filter. I have solar heatingwith a separate pump. The pool is 35 years old.

Zodiac Baracuda G2 Floating

Postby jgm » Wed 03 Jan, 2018 20:14

My Baracuda is quite a few years old, and now it won't sink to the bottom of the pool. I have replaced the hose weight and that made no difference, and added the old wight as well, but it still floats. If I place the head against the wall, it behaves properly for a while, but the it loses contact and floats again. It has a new diaphragm and the skirt is 2 seasons old. Has something broken, or should I just scrap this unit?

jgm
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 7.5 x 3.6 concrete salt pool, with marblesheen surface and perlite filter. I have solar heatingwith a separate pump. The pool is 35 years old.

Re: Zodiac Baracuda G2 Floating

Postby jgm » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 00:07

I think I've found the source of the problem. I just found a pair of yellow plastic inserts that go in the body of the Baracuda floating in the pool. These are from the underneath section (there are another pair on the top). I suspect that there is meant to be a weight inside the cavity they come from. I haven't found anything in the pool yet, as the water is too cloudy. It would be good to know what I'm looking for though.
Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Zodiac Baracuda G2 Floating

Postby Denniswiseman » Thu 04 Jan, 2018 05:25

Why is your pool water too cloudy? you may need toSlam
Where are you located, are you still using your pool or have you winterised it?

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”