Pool Arduino controller to read pH, ORP and temperature

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
paulr33
Pool Care Proficient
Pool Care Proficient
My Pool: Fibreglass Salt Water Pool, 45k litres

Re: Pool Arduino controller to read pH, ORP and temperature

Postby paulr33 » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 03:40

managed to finally get some useful sample data over a period of time, approx 2 months of data +/-

the ORP, PH and temperature are all sampled when the pump is running, so from 10am to 4pm each day. i capture the 5 minute reading from each sensor then compute a single average for ORP and PH for the given day using this data range. i do that so that i have a useful trend over a period of a week, otherwise the 5 minute average plots i did originally dont really help give an indication on a week view whats going on (up or down). so i favoured a single snapshot of the day, based on this 6 hour 5 minute data capture for ORP and PH.

temperature;
this is solar heated, in melbourne australia during summer - although a slightly cooler summer this year
temp-1.png

ORP
you can see initially my ORP was too low and i kept getting sight green algae in the corners of the pool so i had to add more salt, alkaline and ph buffer accordingly to bring it all up to normal levels, around 650ish ORP, i havent seen any algae since hovering around 620+ ORP
ORP-1.png

Ph
the water here is pretty hard so each time i top up the pool, i need to rebalance and bring ph down. i find the ph constantly creeps up each day slowly over a week when its a hot week and the pool cops lots of afternoon sun. need to balance with stabiliser and ph down to recover
ph-1.png

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Sat 17 Mar, 2018 06:28

Hi Paul, all looking good so far, do not worry about your pH to much, all within target.
More important is your CYA stabiliser, what is that level?
AndyFrew
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: My pool size is 10x7 meters

Postby AndyFrew » Mon 24 Dec, 2018 12:52

Hello...as per my knowledge Redox is not a very accurate measure, the cyanuric acid stabiliser plays havoc with the reading.
Better to get the correct level of chlorine relative to your cyanuric acid level and then take the redox reading and look for a consistent levels with temp and pH also.

percentage calculator
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Tue 25 Dec, 2018 06:52

Yep that's the best way to analyse it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”