Anyone got a solution to pool covers blowing off in the Wind?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
Perifractic
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Anyone got a solution to pool covers blowing off in the Wind?

Postby Perifractic » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 01:04

Hi guys, we live in the Hills so have a lovely view at the expense of high winds sometimes. I've tried absolutely everything to stop the solar pool cover from blowing off over the past 3 years. Concrete blocks, water weights, solar rings, you name it. Either the concrete keeps it in place at one end and then the straps rip off at the pool reel end, or some other catastrophe.

We like to swim daily so access needs to be convenient, not untying ropes and straps in 10 places for example!

Has anyone solved this problem?[img]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180307/98bc2c12581ae450939ea1709b5fe55c.jpg[/img]

Thanks!
Perifractic

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Anyone got a solution to pool covers blowing off in the Wind?

Postby Teapot » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 02:59

Maybe splash some cash on a slatted pool cover?
Perifractic
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: RE: Re: Anyone got a solution to pool covers blowing off in the Wind?

Postby Perifractic » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 21:06

Teapot wrote:Maybe splash some cash on a slatted pool cover?
Yeah, been looking into those. Some complexities with the shape of our pool. Do you have Recommendations for good value ones?

Thanks!
Perifractic
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Fri 09 Mar, 2018 02:34

Being based in Europe, I don't believe I would be of much help with the shopping.
goomba12
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: In ground pool, 30'x15', Pentair pump/filter/salt chlorination system.

Postby goomba12 » Thu 11 Oct, 2018 16:30

I know this won't help you right away but I did make something that works perfectly for any pool cover that has problems with wind. I tried to get pool/retail companies to help manufacture it but they all said they weren't interested. I can make it for anyone but it is not perfect. One piece is very easy to make and the other I can make but it actually needs a to be a mold made to work perfectly. It can be rolled up in any pool cover reel as long as it is placed in-line with the roller. You can place as many as you want in any direction if you don't have a reel. Good for above and in-ground pools. I have used it all summer without any problems and I roll/unroll the cover everyday to swim. Again, the one I make you won't be retail ready but it will work. If you happen to have any contacts that might help me retail it if you like it that would be great as well. Just private message me and I can send you a pic and you can decide if you want me to make you one. I have put a PP on it but I would probably have you sign some sort of NDA before I ship it. I live in San Diego so if you are close you can actually just come and pic it up. John

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”