Pool equipment improvement advice.

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
sterfry1988
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 23,000 gallons
Pentair Intelliflo2 VST pump
Pentair Clean and Clear 420 filter
Polaris P39 pool sweep with PB4 Booster pump
Raynak Heater

Pool equipment improvement advice.

Postby sterfry1988 » Wed 07 Mar, 2018 18:29

Hi all, just joined the forum but looking to find a community to learn more about pools.

I have been a pool/spa owner(came with the home) for about a year now and have realized there are certain things that would make using the pool more enjoyable.
Currently I am the only one in the house who knows how to operate the pool equipment and I would like to make things overall easier.

That being said, the specific areas I would like to improve would be the following:

1. I have 2 hand valves which specify the suction and return of the water between my Pool or Spa. Depending on their positions different things happen in the pool/spa(Drain the spa into the pool, fill the spa from the pool, etc).
2. Turning the heater on / off setting the temperature right now I have to do this at the heater.
3. Controlling the lights, I have 2 LEDs which change color as they toggle on/off I am unsure of the model # but can find this out.
4. Controlling the pump speed from the spa.
5. Better solar blanket functionality other than dragging 2 separate pieces on/off the pool when using the pool. What's the easiest method?
6. Chemical management, let me know when I need to add more chemicals how much.
7. My booster pump is much louder than the VST pentair do they make more efficient/quieter models?

Are there any guides or standards around pool automation? Some of the things requested may or may not exist? Ideally i'd like to control all the equipment from a phone. Looking for advice unsure what already exists/what is good.

Thanks in advanced.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Pool equipment improvement advice.

Postby Teapot » Thu 08 Mar, 2018 03:03

There are various automating systems around, to marry up with your pump the IntelliTouch system.
https://pentairpool.com/en/products/aut ... %20systems

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”