Will V-Flex Upgrade help w/baby avocados jamming Navigator turbine?

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
mstenzel
I'm new here
I'm new here

Will V-Flex Upgrade help w/baby avocados jamming Navigator turbine?

Postby mstenzel » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 09:27

My Hayward Navigator frequently stops moving due to half-thumb-sized baby avocados jamming the rigid turbine. I either need a new system or a change to the Navigator. The Hayward Navigator Poolvac Ultra XL V-Flex Upgrade Kit has collapsible turbine blades that are made to accommodate larger debris.

Anybody out there used one of these and care to comment on how it may handle my problem?

I'm hesitant to continue investing in any system with internal moving parts. So I'm considering moving on to a Zodiac G3/Kreepy Krauly type cleaner.
Or going cheaper on the generic ones I see around:http://a.co/0yVSk7w Anybody have success with these?

Thanks for any help.

Denniswiseman
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 10k inground fibreglass, Telescopic Cover, Hayward Powerline pump, Quality filter with glass media, 27kw output heat pump, K-2006C test kit

Re: Will V-Flex Upgrade help w/baby avocados jamming Navigator turbine?

Postby Denniswiseman » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 09:32

I would suggest that while the baby avocados are falling to manually hoover them up
Once they stop revert back to your normal cleaning, saving you the expense and trial of other products
mstenzel
I'm new here
I'm new here

Re: Will V-Flex Upgrade help w/baby avocados jamming Navigator turbine?

Postby mstenzel » Sat 16 Jun, 2018 10:49

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, removing the lil avos as they drop isn't feasible as the Navigator will find them when I'm not around to monitor. If the V-Flex upgrade will be able to handle them, then I get to keep using an otherwise sound unit.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”