Advice on Zodiac/Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaners

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
troygrr
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 8x3m, Marble Plaster Finish, Zodiac Pump, SaltyGem ph and sanitiser.

Advice on Zodiac/Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaners

Postby troygrr » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 16:38

Hello,
For better or worse it appears as though Zodiac or Dolphin are the 2 primary robotic pool cleaners in NZ market, and so far I seem to be getting more people recommending the Zodiac range. What I can't understand however is how to choose one over another
The 2 I have been considering is either a VX50 or a CX35 - seen here http://www.zodiac.co.nz/robotic-cleaner. I have tried to get some help from dealers, however they just state the differences that I can see on the website (ie their high level config). I have even called and emailed Zodiac in NZ directly, and had no feedback to date - argh.

I have a concrete pool, 8x3m and am wanting one to clean floor, walls and waterline. From what I can see:
Both do floor, walls and waterline
Both have similar cleaning (ie >200 micron)
Both have an ebox and caddy
Both have adequate cable
Both use the same amount of power
VX50 is 4WD whereas CX35 is track driven - but what does this mean from my perspective?
VX50 has the lift function to make it easier to get it out - so that is useful (I guess)

So to my eye, there doesn't seem to be much difference, but there is a decent amount of difference in the price.

Can someone please offer some clarity around this?

Thanks in advance for any insight you can offer.
Cheers
Troy

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Advice on Zodiac/Polaris Robotic Pool Cleaners

Postby Teapot » Mon 25 Jun, 2018 16:48

Yes save your money and vac manually, quicker easier and you won't miss bits. Sold my robot 5 years ago.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”