Too many birds

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
hillbilly19941

Too many birds

Postby hillbilly19941 » Thu 31 May, 2007 20:15

I have noticed that a lot of bird crap on my solor cover and in the water when I take the solor cover off. Is there anything that will help to keep birds away?

Debbiebe
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Postby Debbiebe » Sun 03 Jun, 2007 11:04

I also have the same problem, it is worst in the spring early summer when theyre nesting, we had ducks and i came up with throwing ice cubes It worked but I cant catch the birds, they are also landing on the side and theres hundreds of bird dookies, i put double sided tape down.on the edges.it helped some but not all together and worried, My next idea, But I have to get my Husbands Help, Our pool is a lorge above ground , on the deck that is level with the top i have an umbrella on the other side of the pool theres a light post, i want to run a length a fishing wire and tie ribbons or tinfoil on it so it flaps around, ??? I'll keep trying stuff.
mamcwifey
Pool Enthusiast
Pool Enthusiast

Re: Too many birds

Postby mamcwifey » Fri 20 Jul, 2007 07:35

hillbilly19941 wrote:I have noticed that a lot of bird crap on my solor cover and in the water when I take the solor cover off. Is there anything that will help to keep birds away?

You know those blow up dolphins that look like they're popping out of the water? try a few of those. at least when the cover is off. this usually scares the birds away. worked for me, and for several others i know! :)
*mamcwifey

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”