Need help w/ new actuator

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
justjim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Need help w/ new actuator

Postby justjim » Tue 23 Apr, 2019 19:16

The actuator that controlled my spa drain when going in and out of spa mode failed. I installed a new one and everything moves fine but I cannot remember when and where the valve was supposed to stop. Currently when activated the handle moved a full 90 degrees. As it passes through the pipe that feeds the pumps it cuts off its water supply which I know is not good. So am I supposed to move the tabs inside so that it just cracks open and stops before it gets to the pump feed pipe? I can't remember.
Pictures:
https://gdurl.com/Wnwq
https://gdurl.com/dX2U

Thank you in advance!

Jim

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Need help w/ new actuator

Postby Teapot » Wed 24 Apr, 2019 08:57

Yes Jim, it should not block the pump.
justjim
I'm new here
I'm new here

Postby justjim » Wed 24 Apr, 2019 08:59

So if the pump is at 90 degrees, the actuator should stop just before that? Like 70 degrees, correct?
Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Postby Teapot » Wed 24 Apr, 2019 10:18

On your picture, you have a pool skimmer and pool main drain valve on the left, feeding into on the right the flow from the spa main drain. I would have thought about 45 deg to allow 50% from the pool and 50% from the spa main drain. But where is the spa skimmer? is it a spill over? if so adjust the flow to give a good spill over, the main drain won't do very much so you could almost close that and get better skimming action from the pool.
Personally I would close the pool main drain (left valve) to increase the skimmer flow as main drains do practically nothing as dirt enters from the surface that is the best place to remove it.

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”