Robot cleaner recommendation for a small inground pool

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
aerom3artois
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: Custom 24x24 right-angle triangle, concrete, ~6 feet deep

Robot cleaner recommendation for a small inground pool

Postby aerom3artois » Sun 02 Jun, 2019 08:30

Hello everyone,
I'm looking for recommendations on a 'small' robot cleaner for my pool.
I have a custom concrete pool, 24' x 24' in the shape of a right angle triangle, approx volume of 50,000L (13,000 gallons). No fancy features/obstacles except stairs at the entrance. The pump/filter setup is pretty simple, I have a Pentair VS pump and accompanying sand filter connected to a single skimmer and 3 return jets.
I am surrounded by maple trees, so the potential future robot should be able to handle a bit of 'tree debris/leaves' without malfunctioning.

I have looked at some of the best-rated cleaners (Nautulis Dolphin, Hayward TigerShark, etc.) but they all seem quite large since my pool is kind of small.

I would appreciate if anyone in their experience has any recommendations for me. Thank you in advance.

Teapot
Pool Industry Leader
Pool Industry Leader
My Pool: 12 x 24 (45m3) liner pool, Triton TR60 filter with AFM glass media (Activate) and variable speed pump running 0.08HP

Re: Robot cleaner recommendation for a small inground pool

Postby Teapot » Sun 02 Jun, 2019 16:26

Best option is manual cleaning, save a load in purchase costs over a robot and running costs and manual is quicker and more thorough, you won't miss bits!
Ex pool robot owner!

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”