Pool Heater Problem

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
michael60
I'm new here
I'm new here

Pool Heater Problem

Postby michael60 » Thu 18 Jul, 2019 16:10

We have an in-ground pool with a Max E Therm 400 heater. Last year the heater wasn't working.It turned out we needed a new control board which was replaced at a cost of $975. This year we needed a new pump and had the same company back to do the work but when three weeks went by and after multiple phone calls we had a green pool but no pump I fired them and called another company which installed the pump 2 days later. 2 weeks ago I tried to turn on the heater and noticed the screen was blank. I popped off the top and discovered someone had stolen the control board that was installed last year. Now we have no heater. The two companies that worked in the yard claim to know nothing about this. Since it seems to be very plug and play and I am reluctant to let either company back in the yard or pay another $975 I bought a replacement control board online and installed it myself. The problem is that its not working. I contacted pentair and they can't figure out what's wrong. When I turn on the power I get a series of codes 888 then 128 then r14. I don't know where to go from here.Do those codes mean anything to anyone? Thanks

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”