IntelliTouch not activating new Pentair VSF

Automatic pool cleaners, vacuum heads, pool covers,
decks, fencing, pool alarms and security ....
TXaquaholics
I'm new here
I'm new here
My Pool: 18K gunite IG pool & spa, WetEdge Primera Stone Tourmaline finish, limestone coping, Chlorine, Pentair IntelliTouch I9+3 automation, ScreenLogic2 Interface, Pentair FNSP60 DE filter, Pentair MasterTemp 400K BTU NG heater, separate pumps for filter/water features (Pentair IntelliFlo VSF) and jets/heating (Jandy 2.5HP), 2HP air blower for spa jets, Pentair P965iQ robot, Taylor Complete K-2005 test kit, atypical plumbing (pool heats from the bottom up).

IntelliTouch not activating new Pentair VSF

Postby TXaquaholics » Fri 26 Jul, 2019 12:23

We just replaced our Pentair WhisperFlo single speed with a new professionally installed VSF pump (011056). It's powered directly/continuously from the breaker (not through a relay). IntelliTouch sees the pump via the RS-485 connection as evidenced by the pump display being disabled. But IntelliTouch appears unable to turn the pump on despite setting up appropriate circuits for the various speeds/flows. Here's the specifics on the automation equipment:

IntelliTouch I9+3 (vintage early 2009)
UOC Firmware Version 1.110
UIC Firmware Version 1.100

ScreenLogic and Protocol Adapter
5.2 Build 738.0 (current version)

I'm able to set up the VSF in the ScreenLogic2 Configurator, but nothing works.

Is this simply an issue of updating the firmware in the outdoor and indoor panels? The current release is 1.19. I've read the release notes for all revisions and nothing stands out as screaming for the update, but perhaps that will solve everything (including the pesky cyclic shutdown of the pump when in spa heat mode).

Any advice/insight would be appreciated. It's a great pump, but an unnecessary costly addition unless I can get IntelliTouch to control it.

Thanks,
Mike Troutman
Austin, TX

Return to “Pool Equipment & Other Pool Maintenance”